ODE TO OLUMIRIN WATERFALL!
“It plunges with seven drops
Its streams, they fall with
Thundering rush and loud thuds,
Down the lush and steep walls
Of Effon Mount-Robed in
Verdant brushes of verdure.
Giving the frontiers of two
States their perfect line of division.
The crystal clear waters, so pristine,
Exuding from lofty heights of quartize.
In wet and dry times…
Unbroken, its springs never run dry,
Its flow, it grows, snaking down
Thirty five distant miles.
Olumirin waterfalls…
The cascades of perfection,
The same waters, plunging and
Plunging along its course,
Radiating beauty like an
Emperor’s hall,
Thy awe, so inspiring, of greater echelons,
Thy second cascade, so tall,
An adorable rainbow bedecking its floor,
There I want to sit and sing in awe.
Please, focus not on my
Grammatical flaws,
See these not as boring talks,
Or think I’m going nuts,
Look, it is not my fault,
I’m just unrepentantly
Nature love-struck.
These words are warm and
Sincere outpours…
From a heart full of wanderlust!”
~ Folarin Kolawole.
No comments:
Post a Comment